Have you ever driven out to to the Island and found a 5k running path?How about a Frisbee Golf Course?Wouldn't it be fun to walk across the street to eat at the Boat House?Did you know that you
Selecting Interior Paint Colors
What colors do you gravitate toward when it comes to painting your home's interior? Do browse Pinterest for ideas? Do you go with all warm, all cool, or a blend of both throughout your home? Do you prefer neutrals? What about flow? Do you consider an entire palette that flows from room to room? Do current trends affect your decision? Do these types of decisions stress you out? It can certainly be overwhelming, even for a person like me, who enjoys the process. I personally enjoy calming, soothing colors. With a household of kids, I'll take any help I can get! Choosing calm doesn't limit me from going bold either. It all comes down to personal preference, but some guidance definitely makes it easier. I've compiled a couple articles and photos that I hope will help you in your color-making decisions.
These first tips are gathered from an article featured on one of my favorite websites, thespruce.com. See the full article here, but here are some of the valuable tips offered:
- Start with colors you love! Start with you favorite color as your base, and work your color scheme around it. My favorite colors are blue, green and everything in between! What's your favorite color?
- Find paint color inspiration through magazines, catalogs and the internet. Retailer sites offer room inspiration, paint company websites are a great source of inspiration, and don't forget Pinterest, a great place to find and save inspiration!
- Use Color Theory to create a color scheme. With the turn of a wheel, you can see how colors relate to each other. Click here to learn how to use a color wheel to help in your color scheme selection.
- Choose colors from a print. Do you have a favorite quilt or wall art that makes you happy? Bring it to a paint store, then bring home swatches and samples of paint colors that come from your inspiration piece to try at home. Use the subtle colors for large rooms, and use the detail colors on an accent wall, trim, or through your accessories.
- Learn how to flow color throughout your home. This can help a smaller home feel larger. Paint colors that flow through your home can create a relaxing vibe (right up my alley). The most stunning way to create flow is use your favorite neutral hue throughout the entire home, and accent each room with different colors.
- Paint Color apps can make it easier! Click here for 7 useful paint color apps.
Next, I'm sharing a guide to paint finishes, because choosing the wrong sheen can end up costing you money!
Now, let's have some fun! Let's take a look at what colors have been chosen as 2019 Color of The Year!
Sherwin Williams' 2019 Color of The Year is Cavern Clay:
Benjamin Moore's Color of The Year is Metropolitan:
Pantone's 2019 Color of The Year is Living Coral (love it!):
Behr's 2019 Color of The Year is Blueprint.
I've sampled this color in my own home. Although I continued my search, Blueprint is beautiful and versatile.
That leads me to the best tip of all...
Always test before committing!
Love where you live!
Lisa McGregor, Realtor
The A Team
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Cell: (928) 486-3497
Click on the links below to see current listings of homes in Lake Havasu City:
Lisa joined The A Team in January 2018. She has been a resident of Lake Havasu City since 1976 (seriously!), loves everything Lake Havasu City has to offer, and is so glad her 3 kids are growing up i....
Latest Blog Posts
For a free instant market valuation of your home, visit Lisa.HavasuHero.com/Sell,or call me at928-486-3497.I would love to tell you about my strategy to bring you top dollar when it comes to selling